- 0.1 Types of Waffles Makers
- 0.2 There are several types of waffle makers, and each type has its own advantages.
- 1 1. Cuisinart WMR-CA Classic Waffle Maker
- 2 2. Oster CKSTWF2000 Belgian Waffle Maker
- 3 3. KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker
- 4 4. Chef’s Choice 840 WafflePro Taste Waffle Maker
- 5 5. Nordic Ware 15040 Stovetop Waffle Iron
A lot of people eat waffles for breakfast, or even breakfast for dinner, because they are so delicious. But waffles from restaurants can be a bit pricey. Fortunately, you can make your own waffles at home by using a waffle maker.
Unfortunately, there are hundreds of waffle makers available on the market, and finding the right product can be overwhelming. The good news is that we can help you with your search. This article provides information about the different types of waffle makers, along with the top waffle makers on the market and features to consider when buying a waffle maker.
Types of Waffles Makers
There are several types of waffle makers, and each type has its own advantages.
• Classic Round Waffle Maker – Also known as American waffle, a classic round waffle maker is designed to create a traditional waffle. This waffle maker only needs a few minutes to create a fluffy waffle. Plus, it is easy to use, clean, and store.
• Belgian Waffle Maker – The Belgian waffle maker is the most popular type of waffle maker. It cooks a thick, square-shaped waffle that has a fluffy inside and a crispy outside. Plus, this machine is also easy to use and clean.
• Ceramic Waffle Maker – A lot of people opt for a ceramic waffle maker because it is non-stick. Plus, you don’t need to use spray-on oil or butter to cook waffles. Aside from that, this type of waffle heats up quickly, so it creates a crispy waffle. Best of all, this machine is easy to clean. All you need to do is to wipe it with a clean paper towel or cloth.
• Stovetop Waffle Irons – Used for over a century, a stovetop waffle iron is designed to distribute heat evenly to create fluffy and crispy waffles. When using this type of waffle maker, you need to put it on gas stoves. As such, you can save some energy bills. Plus, it is easy to clean, and it does not need a lot of storage space.
• Flipping Waffle Irons – As its name implies, a flipping waffle iron can be flipped once the butter is poured. Doing this will spread the batter over the grill, resulting in even cooking. Plus, there is no mess from spillage. Aside from that, this machine can cook crispy waffles without burning them. It is also easy to use and clean.
• Shaped Waffle Irons – Heart-shaped waffles are common in Scandinavia. Today, you can make heart and star-shaped waffles by using shaped waffle irons. This type of waffle maker is best for those with kids because it can entice their eyes and taste buds.
Founded by Carl Sontheimer in 1971, Cuisinart is a US-based company that aims to help you “savor the good life” by providing functional, innovative, and top-quality products.
The Cuisinart WMR-CA is a great model you can purchase if you don’t have a lot of counter space. However, it only makes one waffle at a time due to its compact size. Nonetheless, this product is still one of the top waffle makers on the market, thanks to its advanced features.
One of the best features of the Cuisinart WMR-CA is its five browning control settings. Through this, you’ll be able to regulate the degree of browning of your waffle, which may vary from golden brown to toasty brown. Aside from that, this model also has indicator lights. For example, the first light will switch on once the iron is heated up. The second light, on the other hand, will light up once the waffle is cooked.
This waffle maker also has rubber-coated feet that prevent the appliance from sliding. Moreover, it has non-stick grids, so the waffle will come off easily when it’s cooked. Lastly, this BPA-free waffle maker has a storage latch, which prevents the appliance from opening when not in use.
• Has five browning control settings
• Has indicator lights
• Has a storage latch
• Has a quick warm-up time
• Has non-stick grids
• Affordable price
• You can only cook one waffle at a time
When it comes to top-notch kitchen appliances, Oster is a popular brand. This is not only due to the affordable price of their products; this company also offers versatile and durable kitchen appliances.
If you’re looking for a durable yet budget-friendly waffle maker, the Oster CKSTWF2000 is an excellent choice. It has a sturdy stainless steel housing, so you are guaranteed that it will last long. Plus, it makes thick round waffles with deep pockets that can hold plenty of syrup and toppings.
For its features, this product has an adjustable temperature control that allows you to cook your waffle according to your preferred degree of browning. Aside from that, this appliance also has an indicator light that will switch on when your waffle is finished. Moreover, it has a non-stick plate, so you can remove the waffle easily once cooked. Lastly, it has a safe-to-touch handle to prevent burns.
One downside for the Oster CKSTWF2000 is that it doesn’t have advanced features compared to high-end waffle makes. Nonetheless, this product is still one of the best waffle makers on the market, especially considering its price, performance, and durability.
• Has a sturdy stainless steel construction
• Has adjustable temperature control
• Has non-stick grids
• Easy to clean
• Does not have advanced features
For KRUPS, every detail count, meaning this company doesn’t only offer kitchen appliances with innovative design; products from this reputable company are also of superior quality, thanks to its meticulous details and finishing touches.
The KRUPS GQ502 can cook four deep-pocketed waffles at a time. As such, it is one of the top waffle makers for families or those serving a group of people. Plus, this appliance can consistently cook waffles with a fluffy interior and crispy exterior. However, this product makes waffles in a slow manner – about five to eight minutes. However, this is a minor drawback, especially considering its utmost performance.
For its other features, this waffle maker has an audible beep to alert you when the waffle is cooked. As such, you can do other activities while cooking waffles. This model also offers five browning controls (from light to dark), allowing you to cook the waffle according to your preferred texture. It also has indicator lights that will switch on once the waffle is ready.
Aside from those features, the KRUPS GQ502 is also easy to clean, thanks to its removable, dishwasher-safe plates. The plates also have a non-stick coating, so you can remove the cooked waffles with ease. Lastly, it has a stainless steel housing to ensure durability.
• Has removable plates for easy cleaning
• Has an indicator light and audible beep
• Cooks slow
• Relatively expensive
Chef’s Choice is a brand owned by EdgeCraft Corporation. It offers an array of high-quality kitchen appliances, such as electric food slicers and waffle makers. Aside from its top-notch quality, products from this brand are equipped with the latest technology.
If you have kids, the Chef’s Choice 840 WafflePRo Taste is an excellent product you can purchase. This is because it can make five heart-shaped waffles, which will entice your kids’ eyes and taste buds.
Another great feature of this waffle maker is its quad baking system that allows you to customize the ideal flavor and texture of your waffles. Plus, it features a beeper and an indicator light that will alert you when your waffles are cooked. Also, it offers several cooking options. Depending on your preferences, you can either pick a crispy exterior/moist interior mode or deep-bake settings.
This model also has a built-in cord storage compartment, which allows you to store it in an upright position. Also, it has a floating top baking plate that distributes the batter evenly, resulting in waffles with uniform thickness.
With its advanced features, the Chef’s Choice 840 WafflePRo Taste is certainly one of the top waffle makers on the market. However, this model has a few shortcomings. Aside from being expensive, this waffle maker also requires a lot of space. Also, some customers have experienced some issues with the non-stick coating of this waffle maker.
• Easy to clean
• Makes five heart-shaped waffles at a time
• Has a quad baking system for custom texture and color
• Has non-stick plates
• Takes a lot of space
• Some issues with non-stick coating
Founded by H. David Dalquist in 1946, Nordic Ware is a US-based company, and it is one of the leading manufacturers of innovative and high-quality kitchenware products.
The Nordic Ware 15040 is a stovetop waffle iron. As such, it doesn’t need electricity to make fluffy and crispy Belgian waffles, so you can save some money on electric bills. Aside from that, this waffle maker has a compact design. As such, you can store it with ease.
Also, this model is non-stick. This feature allows you to remove the waffle easily when it’s cooked. Plus, it also makes the waffle maker easy to clean. This product is also coated with cast aluminum, which distributes heat evenly and consistently. The best part is that you can also use this kitchenware to cook waffles when you’re camping outdoors.
Although a great product, the Nordic Ware 15040 has a few shortcomings. For one, this product is a bit heavy. Aside from that, it is also relatively hard to use because to use it efficiently, you need to learn how to cook waffles in an old-fashioned way.
• Easy to clean
• Easy to store
• Has non-stick plates
• Plates are coated with cast aluminum
• Made in the USA
• Hard to new users to cook with
• A bit heavy
What Should You Look for in a Waffle Maker?
Here are the best indicators of a high-quality waffle maker.
The type of waffle maker you’re going to buy will depend on preferences. For example, a Belgian waffle maker is highly recommended if you like a fluffy waffle with craters that can hold syrup and toppings. A classic round waffle maker, on the other hand, is best for those who prefer thin waffles.
Quality of Construction
As much as possible, buy a durable product that can last for years. Thus, you need to opt for a waffle maker that is made with sturdy materials, and it should also be made by a reputable company.
Indicator Lights and “Ready” Chime
If the waffle maker is not hot enough when the batter goes in, the waffle will not be cooked properly. That’s why it is best to opt for a waffle maker with indicator lights. This feature will tell you when the machine is hot enough and when the waffle is ready.
Aside from that, you can also opt for a product with a “ready” chime feature that will beep when the waffle is cooked. This is a helpful feature, especially if you’re doing something else while cooking.
Browning Control Settings
For those who like their waffles to be cooked in a particular way, a waffle maker with a browning control setting can be handy. This feature allows you to adjust the temperature so that you can cook the waffle according to the color and texture that you want.
Ease of Storage
When buying a waffle maker, you should also consider its size. As much as possible, opt for a product that you can easily store. You should also choose a model with a lock to prevent the appliance from opening when not in use.
Ease of Cleaning
All waffle makers have holes, gaps, and crevices, where crumbs and batter get stuck, which means cleaning a waffle maker can be unpleasant. For this reason, you can choose waffle makers with removable grids that you can easily wash. Waffle makers with a non-stick or ceramic interior are also good choices because you can simply wipe the surface with a paper towel.